Cape Cod 2017

For Spring Break, my friends and I decided to do something different; we wanted to avoid the craziness of the beach and the inevitable sunburn. So, we decided to take a week-long trip to Cape Cod in Massachusetts. The drive to the Cape was 18 hours total, but combined with stops in D.C., an overnight stay in Baltimore, one day trip to New York, and several bathroom breaks, the entire trip up to where we were staying took two whole days (both ways).
I have a lot of passions in this life, two of them being traveling and visual arts (whether it be drawing or videography). This trip, I wanted to dip my toes back into making videos, as I hope to get involved with making videos for companies throughout my digital marketing career.
My inspiration for this trip video derives from a lot of "vlog-style" YouTube videos. I eliminated text and narration, choosing to let the footage speak for itself. Additionally, I tried to keep it as short as possible (hitting the 5-6 minute range), which was tough to do considering the number of places we got to visit.
Watch the video here: Spring Break 2017
Included in this video is footage from: the long car rides, each state sign we passed, clips from basically every meal, an unsettling amount of footage from every Dunkin Donuts we went to, D.C., New Jersey, New York, our house in Chatham, MA, various destinations on the Cape, Plymouth, Boston, and some snow (which, unfortunately, cut our trip short due to our unpreparedness for 10+ inches of snow).
I hope to continue to make videos like this and expand my horizons with making videos as a marketer. Video advertising/content is currently on the rise on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and I can really see myself enjoying this as a full time career.

Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video. Nice to know I wasn't the only one documenting my spring break haha

    ReplyDelete